Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Circle Effect

It is 6:15 am. I had been up for 17 hours the day prior. I am in between sleep and reality; when a voice enters my dreams. The voice is rather vulgar and ear piercing. I start to come to and try to focus on the voice. I listen, trying to arrange the sounds into words when it comes all too clear what I am hearing.I have been abruptly awoken and am now being forced to listen to another session of my neighbor’s uncontrollable rants. I sigh. This has become my own personal Jerry Springer Show. If my neighbor is having any issues in life; she believes the neighborhood should know about it.Today, it seems as if her 2 kids have pushed the right combination of buttons to send her into a mental breakdown. Yesterday, it was a confrontation with her live-in boyfriend about his ability or lack thereof to remain faithful.With her almost daily display of yelling, slamming, throwing or stomping I know way too much about my neighbor and a lot I wish I could erase.I have “overheard” child neglect, boyfriend issues, money troubles and yes even sexual encounters. It seems as if my neighbor is unaware she lives in a residential neighborhood and not in a remote location off some unpaved road in a trailer.
I started to examine what would make an individual act in this manner. I have concluded it is not entirely her fault, she is but a product of poor upbringing and a lack of civilized social interaction. She obviously comes from a family who believes it is okay to express their emotions in outlandish verbal and physical behavior. She has also surrounded herself with peers who have no class and no self respect.She will continue to act in this manner creating an environment for her kids much like the one she grew up in. This is the circle effect. Her parents created this Jerry Springer freak show, which was passed onto her and will inevitably be passed onto her kids.Her kids are already showing signs of this barbaric behavior. They don’t know how to ask for anything. They throw things, scream and stomp their feet until she either screams at them or gives them what they want.This cycle will continue until 2 things are resolved. One, someone along the line realizes there is a better way to express what you are feeling than to act in such an unflattering manner. Second, come to the realization that most personal matters are just that.I remember something my grandfather told me. Trash breeds trash. I hope for society’s sake this is not true.This may be awful, but I will not let my daughter play with her kids. I am afraid she will be influenced by them, and I have worked really hard on teaching her manners and appropriate behavior.

3 comments:

  1. At least there is never a dull moment. It probably gets quite interesting at time. I feel bad for what that poor lady is going through. She should probably call nanny 911.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness..i know where youre coming from. We have neighbors who live above us and they have two little poodles who bark non-stop. I always ask my roomates how they could be so rude to others about their noise. But I always tell myself that there could be worse things in life. I hope your problem becomes resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya that would definatley get on my nerves the people below me always bump there music loud and it gets annoying. I also think there is a circle effect when it comes to parents doing stuff will rub off on there kids

    ReplyDelete